UPSSSC PET 2023: Vacancy Details
UPSSSC is expected to release the vacancy details for various examinations, including the Mains Exam dates and vacancies for Group B & C posts. Candidates who qualify for the UPSSSC PET Exam will be eligible to appear for the Mains Exam. Last year, approximately 20,994 vacancies were announced for positions such as Lekhpal, X-Ray Technician, Junior Assistant, and others. Keep an eye on the UPSSSC Calendar for the latest updates on vacancies and recruitment.
UPSSSC PET 2023: Online Form
The online application form for UPSSSC PET 2023 is now active since 01st August 2023, along with the release of the official notification. Interested candidates can submit their UPSSSC PET Application Form until 30th August 2023. All application and registration processes must be completed online, and no offline or printed applications will be accepted. To apply for the UPSSSC PET 2023, visit the official website of UPSSSC at http://upsssc.gov.in. Refer to the below link for the UPSSSC PET Apply Online 2023 procedure.
UPSSSC PET 2023: Application Fee
The application fee for UP PET exam 2023 has been specified in the UPSSSC PET notification PDF. Candidates can make the payment using debit/credit cards, internet banking, or SBI e-challan.
||Online Processing Fee
Please note that the application fee is non-refundable and non-transferable, even if the application is rejected, the candidature is found ineligible, or the candidate is unable to appear in the examination.
Make sure to check the official UPSSSC PET 2023 notification for any updates or changes in the application fee and other related details.
UPSSSC PET 2023: Eligibility Criteria
To appear for the UPSSSC PET 2023 exam, candidates must meet certain eligibility criteria related to educational qualification, nationality, and age. It is essential to fulfill these conditions; otherwise, the application may be rejected.
UPSSSC PET 2023: Educational Qualification
Candidates should have passed High school/class 10th or any other equivalent examination to be eligible for UPSSSC PET 2023. Those who have not passed High school are not eligible to apply.
UPSSSC PET 2023: Nationality
Applying candidates must be Indian nationals. While it is not explicitly stated that candidates must be domiciled in Uttar Pradesh, those seeking placements in Uttar Pradesh are eligible to apply since the state is the only location for job placement.
UPSSSC PET 2023: Age Limit
The candidate’s age must be between 18 to 40 years. The candidate’s date of birth must fall between 01st July 1983 and 01st July 2005. There are certain age relaxations for specific categories, as mentioned below:
UPSSSC PET 2023: Age Limit and Age Relaxations
Candidates falling under the above categories are eligible for age relaxations as per the specified criteria.
Ensure that you meet the required eligibility criteria before applying for the UPSSSC PET 2023 examination to avoid any rejection of the application. Refer to the official UPSSSC PET 2023 notification for any updates or changes in the eligibility criteria.
UPSSSC PET 2023: Selection Process
The selection process for UPSSSC PET 2023 involves multiple stages, and candidates must clear each stage to secure a position in Group B & C posts. The steps of the selection process are as follows:
- Scoring minimum qualifying marks in the PET written exam: Candidates must score the minimum qualifying marks in the UPSSSC PET 2023 written exam to proceed to the next stage.
- Main Exam of the concerned post: After qualifying the PET, candidates will be called for the Main Exam specific to the particular post they applied for.
- Interview/Skill Test (if applicable): Depending on the post, candidates might have to undergo an interview or skill test to assess their suitability for the position.
- Document Verification: Finally, candidates who clear all previous stages will have to undergo document verification to confirm their eligibility and authenticity.
UPSSSC PET 2023: Exam Pattern
The UPSSSC PET exam pattern, as per the recent notice, is as follows:
- The exam will consist of objective type multiple-choice questions.
- A total of 100 questions will be asked.
- The duration of the exam shall be 2 hours.
- There will be negative marking of 1/4th mark for each wrong answer.
- The difficulty level of questions for topics from Sr. No. 1 to 9 will be as per NCERT Secondary/Senior Secondary level.
UPSSSC PET Exam Pattern – Subject-wise Marks:
||Indian National Movement
||Indian Constitution & Public Administration
||Logic & Reasoning
||Analysis of Hindi Unread Passage – 2 Passages
||Graph Interpretation – 2 Graphs
||Table Interpretation & Analysis – 2 Tables
UPSSSC PET 2023: Syllabus
The UPSSSC PET Exam 2023 syllabus is relatively concise and covers topics that are typically part of a high school level education. Candidates can find study material easily for these topics and prepare effectively. The subjects and topics included in the UPSSSC PET Exam 2023 syllabus are as follows:
A. Indian History
- Indus valley civilization
- Vedic civilization
- Mauryan empire
- Gupta empire
- Rajput era
- Sultanate era
- Mughal Empire
- Maratha empire
- British Rule and 1st war of independence
- The social and economic impact of British rule
B. Indian National Movement
- The initial stage of the freedom movement
- Swadeshi and civil disobedience movement – Mahatma Gandhi and other leaders’ role
- Revolutionary movement and rise of militant nationalism
- Farewell amendment and British India Act 1935
- Quit India movement, Azad Hind Fauj, and Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
- Indian and World Geography
- Water resources
- Mountains & glaciers
- Desert & dry areas
- Mineral resources
- Political geography of Indian & world
- Time zone
- Demographics & migrations
D. Indian Economy
- Indian Economy (1947 to 1991)
- The planning commission and 5-year plans
- Development of mixed economy: Private & Public
- Green revolution
- White revolution & operation flood
- Banking nationalization
- LPG reforms of 1991
- Economic reforms post 2014
- Farm reforms
- Structural reforms
- Labour reforms
- Economic reforms
E. Indian Constitution & Public Administration
- Indian Constitution – Salient Features
- Directive principles
- Fundamental rights & duties
- Parliamentary system
- The federal system, Union Govt & UR, Union Govt & States
- Judicial Framework
- District administration
- Local bodies and Panchayat Raj
F. General Science
- Basic Physics
- Basic Chemistry
- Basic Biology
G. Elementary Arithmetic
- Whole numbers, fractions, and decimals
- Simple arithmetic equations
- Square & square roots
- Exponent and powers
H. General Hindi
- लेखकऔररचनाएं (Prose & Poetry)
I. General English
- English Grammar
- Questions on passages
J. Logic & Reasoning
- Order & ranking
- Blood relations
- Calendar & watch
- Cause & effect
- Coding decoding
- Conclusive reasoning, etc.
K. Current Affairs
- National current affairs
- International current affairs
L. General Awareness
- India’s neighbors
- Countries, Capitals & Currencies
- The Indian States & UTs
- Indian Parliament
- Days National & International importance
- World organizations & HQs
- Indian tourism destinations
- Indian art & culture
- Indian & International Sports
- Indian research institutes
- Books & authors
- Awards & honors
- Climate change & environment
Candidates can focus on these topics and use available study material to prepare well for the UPSSSC PET Exam 2023.
UPSSSC PET 2023: Exam preparation Tips
Preparing for UPSSSC PET 2023 requires focused dedication. Follow a structured study plan, cover all syllabus topics, practice previous Year question papers, and take mock tests. Stay consistent and stay motivated to succeed in the exam. Utilize reliable study resources and seek guidance if needed. Time management is crucial, so allocate enough time for each subject and topic. Stay updated with current affairs and practice reasoning and arithmetic regularly. Remember, hard work and determination will lead you to success in UPSSSC PET Exam 2023. Good luck!
- Question: When will UPSSSC PET 2023 application process begin?
Answer: The UPSSSC PET 2023 application process started on 01st August 2023.
- Question: What is the last date to apply for UPSSSC PET 2023?
Answer: The last date to apply for UPSSSC PET 2023 is 30th August 2023.
- Question: What is the eligibility criteria for UPSSSC PET 2023?
Answer: Candidates must have passed High school/class 10th or an equivalent exam to be eligible for UPSSSC PET 2023.
- Question: What is the age limit for UPSSSC PET 2023?
Answer: Candidates must be aged between 18 to 40 years as of 01st July 2005.
- Question: What is the selection process for UPSSSC PET 2023?
Answer: The selection process includes PET written exam, Main Exam, Interview/Skill Test (if applicable), and Document Verification.
- Question: How many questions are there in the UPSSSC PET 2023 exam?
Answer: The UPSSSC PET 2023 exam consists of 100 objective-type multiple-choice questions.
- Question: What is the marking scheme for the UPSSSC PET 2023 exam?
Answer: There will be negative marking of 1/4th mark for each wrong answer.
- Question: What are the topics covered in the UPSSSC PET 2023 syllabus?
Answer: The syllabus includes subjects such as Indian History, Indian National Movement, Geography, Indian Economy, General Science, Elementary Arithmetic, General Hindi, General English, Logic & Reasoning, Current Affairs, and General Awareness.
- Question: How can the application fee be paid for UPSSSC PET 2023?
Answer: The application fee for UPSSSC PET 2023 can be paid through debit/credit card, internet banking, and SBI e-challan.
- Question: What is the UPSSSC PET 2023 exam date?
Answer: The UPSSSC PET 2023 exam is scheduled to be conducted in October 2023.
Note: The answers provided here are based on the information available in the previous responses. Please refer to the official UPSSSC website or notification for the most accurate and up-to-date information.